Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Time!

Well! It has been quite a long time since I last posted, as I have been so busy!  The Christmas season is upon us...

Speaking of the Christmas season, now is usually the time to start buying gifts for friends, family, and other people you appreciate.  From Black Friday sales, to the day before Christmas, people are scurrying to get what they want.
Well, what about us people over here, who have absolutely NO money to spend on gifts for friends or family, but are really wishing they could?  This year, I'm in that situation.  Last year, even though I didn't have a job, I could afford to buy many gifts, and received many gifts as well.  This year, it's different.  I STILL don't have a job.  So, what do you do when you have no money for Christmas?  HOPE that your friends and family will understand?  No, I still feel terrible not getting my friends a gift.  So, I'm narrowing it down this year.  I am making gifts for my family and CLOSEST friends.  And, making something that I know they'll enjoy.  It's really a heart process that I have to go through, because even though everyone says "oh, I NEED to get this person THAT gift, because they want it..." and such, I have to realize that gifts for each other are not the biggest Christmas deal.  Sure, it would be nice to get some gifts on Christmas day, but even if I don't, I have STILL received the greatest gift of all.  And, it is simply hard to think of Jesus coming to save us as a physical gift...but its an ETERNAL gift.  One that will last FOREVER if we choose to follow Him.  So, anyways, I am really trying to focus on the ONE gift, the GREATEST gift of all; The gift of LIFE, and the gift of Jesus coming down to become a baby, and to die for our sins.

THAT...is the greatest gift we can receive.

Love to all this Christmas season,

Cari

1 comment: